How to Bike in Style
- Sell your car
- Buy the most appropriate and useful bicycle for your situation—Spend as much as necessary to to full accessorize and enable yourself to fix flats, ride at night, in the rain, and with heavy/ bulky cargo. The average American spends nearly $10,000 a year on cars...don't be afraid to spend $1000 on a bike, rack, bags, clothing, etc...with good maintainance, the bike frame could last you 100 years!
- Take a vacation—You won't be need to be working so much now...you might as well get used to it. Get to know your bike, how and where to ride in your area, its peoples and resources. Hint: the best bike routes are NOT the way you've been driving. Those are gross, smoggy, noisy, depressing places. Look for the small back ways. Examples: Bike routes in Santa Barbara
- If you feel the desire to buy a house, start a business, or travel for years—go back to work and use the tons of money you're saving to build up your nest egg.
The Way of the Bicycle (book in progress)
- Over Consumption, Overspending on Cars Spurred by Consumer Reports
- What does driving cost?
- AAA Understatement of Car Usage Cost
- Equal opportunity mobility
- Ways of reducing car dependency
A collection of letters to editor and politicians about making the world a better place with bicycle-friendly policy. Many of them but not all are Santa Barbara County focused.
- How safe is bicycling?
- Healthy is Sexy: Bike!
- Ellwood crossing Needed
- Energy Tax Preferred
- Forget Car Tax Cut
- Ellwood Crossing Fiasco
- Get Out Of Cars - Right!
- Santa Barbara Could Use a Gas Tax to Fund Road Work
- Old Town Goleta Bike Lanes Needed
- Gas Tax for Insurance
- Gas Price Ripoff
- Alternative To US 101 widening
- Measure D funds - Fork It over
- UCSB Must Consider Bike Transport
- Bike routes in Santa Barbara
- Car Free Times - Awesome resource for better cities
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Austin - Page with lots of interesting facts & figures
- Center for Appropriate Transport - Great transport bikes, great people.
www.oasisdesign.net Copyright © Art Ludwig 1997 -2014