Water Information Central
Summary: Understanding the water cycle, natural water purification, water quality, and water conservation. Design of ecological systems for water supply: gravity feed water systems, hydroelectric systems, rainwater harvesting.
- Water Storage (book)Designing, building and maintaining tanks and ponds; sustainably managing groundwater, how to make ferro cement tanks.
- Wild Water Wisdom (article)Understand how natural purification in the wilderness works, and you'll be able to design any water or wastewater system better.
- Water Conservation Central
- Rainwater harvesting
- Rainwater harvesting (book)A forthcoming book on rainwater harvesting in any climate
- Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands (book by Brad Lancaster) —This book by Brad Lancaster will help you turn water scarcity into water abundance.
- Fecal coliform measurementsFecal coliform bacteria counts and water quality
- Eco village houseA design example featuring rainwater from seasonal waterfall for household use and hydroelectric power, from roofs for drinking
- Indigenous communityA design example: water supply for a Mexican village
- Slow sand filters
- Water quality testing (download)
- Water Q&A
- Water links
- Nature & balance galleryPictures from places with exceptional natural waters (slow page, lots of big pix)
- ConsultingWater system design, integrated with all other systems-wastewater, edible landscaping, efficient fixtures, space and hot water heating systems etc. Wilderness hot springs resorts a specialty.
There's much more info in process for this section. To be notified when it's added, consider subscribing to our Free Newsletter.
www.oasisdesign.net Copyright Art Ludwig ©1997 – 2018 Content Use Policy