|About | Why trust this info | Content use policy | Downloadable copy & graphics | Contact us | Tip jar|
Oasis Design Press Room
see also: Greywater pressroom
Oasis and greywater in news and articles
Many media outlets turn to Oasis Design for original, accurate content. We work on this stuff because we believe in it, and the more widely distributed the information the better.
(Oasisauthoritative on many, many topics; check out our Astounding Google ranks)
If you are crafting a piece and think we might have some text or graphics which could benefit your project, please Email us .
Depending on the outlet and how much work we have to do, our images and text may be used with a moderate charge, or, especially if we don't have to modify the material, nothing more than a credit (e.g., "this material used with permission from Oasis Design, oasisdesign.net").
Our material has been used in scores of articles and books.
At times our information has been reproduced without critical context or qualifiers
so that it could lead people to build something wrong. We prefer to have the
opportunity to check articles featuring our material for technical accuracy.
Many publications have asked us to check other writing for technical accuracy
and this is now a service we offer as well.
Articles by us, or written with our help, or about us (partial list)
- "The Dirty Water Underground" 31 May 2007, article in The New York Times. Read it online here.
- An Introduction to Greywater (Part I) (PDF, 250k) Jan-Feb 2007 © Oasis Back Home Magazine
- An Introduction to Greywater (Part II) (PDF, 300k) Mar-Apr 2007 © Oasis Back Home Magazine
- Water Storage for Off-Grid Living/ How to Build a Ferrocement Tank (PDF, 720k) May-June 2006 © Oasis Back Home Magazine
- Water Storage for Off-Grid Living October 24th, 2005 © Oasis off-grid.net
- Tap into Water Savings. Claire Anderson. Aug-Sep 2004. pp. 100-106. Mother Earth News
- Respectful Water Conservation through Water Recycling (doc) April 2004 © American Dowser
- Greywater for Trees and Landscape (PDF, 250k) 1999 © Oasis Overstory Magazine
- Water Reuse. Joelee Joyce. Winter 1998. p13. The Last Straw
- Turning Grey in to Green. Art Ludwig. Winter 1995-'96. pp. 48-50. © Oasis Back Home Magazine
- Destination H2O conservation How reusing greywater can save money and the planet Ventura County Reporter
Mentions in books (partial list)
- The Carbon-Free Home: 36 Remodeling Projects to Help Kick the Fossil-Fuel Habit. Stephen and Rebekah Hren. pp. 172-178. 2008. Chelsea Green Publishing Company, White River Junction, VT.
- Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House: Bringing Your Home into Harmony with Nature. Carol Venolia and Kelly Lerner. pp. 82-83. 2006. Lark Books, Ashville, NC.
- The Septic System Owner's Manual. Lloyd Kahn, Blair Allen, and Julie Jones. pp. 64-71. 2000. Shelter Publications, Inc., Bolinas, CA.
- The Natural House: A Complete Guide to Healthy, Energy-Efficient, Environmental Homes. Daniel D. Chiras. pp. 331-337. 2000. Chelsea Green Publishing Company, White River Junction, VT.
Reviews (partial list)
- Create an Oasis with Greywater. Autumn 2007. Pg. 83. Organic Gardener
- The Complete Greywater Guide. Nov-Dec 2006. Pg. 13. Back Home Magazine
"...Ludwig's work takes an inherently practical and responsible approach to water reuse, and is at the absolute cutting edge of appropriate technology".
There is content of all sorts throughout our web site (Site map), theDownloadable copy & graphicspage, and in our Books & articles which could form the basis of many articles. This material can be used with permission and citation. The articles below have already been distilled from this information:
- Water Storage 101 (doc)
In the happy instance that you might want to review one of our books outright, here are press releases:
- Press Release: Water Storage
- Press release: Create an Oasis with Greywater
- Oasis design specialties
- Press release: Builder's Greywater Guide
The Downloadable copy & graphics page and the product detail pages (accessible through Books & articles) has high resolution images of the covers.
About the Author
Ecological designer Art Ludwig consults internationally on the design of water, wastewater and solar energy systems, as well as efficient fixtures, and edible landscapes. He has designed four new types of greywater systems, and formulated the first plant and soil biocompatible cleaners. He lives with his family among forty varieties of fruit trees in the mountains behind Santa Barbara, California.
For more information please Email us .
^ Top of page ^ Browse | Catalog
www.oasisdesign.net ©1997 - 2022 Oasis Design Content use policy