General privacy philosophy: Your trust and happiness is much more valuable to us than trying to squeeze money out of your personal information.
We're as bugged as anyone else about being buried in spam, our private information being mined for money, etc., and we're not going to do it to you.
We are very interested in collecting your Feedback on our web site, our products, their presentation, our order processing, and customer service. If you give Vote for new content, or fill out our Customer Satisfaction Survey we'll take your suggestions to heart and we won't put you on some spam list for your trouble.
We also want people to get correspondence and information they actually want from us. Below are the specifics of how we balance this against privacy concerns.
- We have never sold or shared customer's contact information to third parties and never intend to.
- We may notify past customers/ regular correspondents at most once a year
of new books and content which are available.
We have had positive response to this level of unsolicited communication the few times a decade we've done it, but are so reluctant to do this that if you want to know about new developments, we suggest that you subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
- We may follow the few e mails which are directly related to an order (confirmation, etc.) with one e mail to check on customer's satisfaction with the product and transaction.
- On ordering, you have the opportunity to choose to receive our newsletter by checking the appropriate box. The default setting is to not receive our newsletter.
- Our opt-in newsletter e mail list is not sold or revealed to anyone else, and is used once a month at most.
- Credit card numbers from on line orders are stored securely in the system of our shopping cart provider in their full form for 30 days after the order is processed and they're truncated down to the last four digits. This allows us to deal with exchanges and credits within an appropriate time period, while minimizing the number of credit card numbers for us to guard.
- If you have given us a Vote for new content and have included your e mail, we might e mail you when the item(s) you've voted for are available. If you really want to know, your safest bet is subscribing to our Free Newsletter or checking back periodically
- We don't collect e mails from people who correspond with us unless they ask us for a response in the distant future or the correspondence becomes so extensive that it is inconvenient not to have their address on file.